Join Our Community
We Love Our Community
Here are just a few of Food City’s major community commitments:
Donation Request Policy
At Food City, a division of Bashas’ Family of Stores, giving back is who we are, and one of the most important things we do. Since 1932, Bashas’ Family of Stores has donated more than $100 million to local charities. As an Arizona-founded company, we help local non-profit organizations that are making our communities better places to live and work. Thousands of schools, churches and non-profits operating in the communities we serve have benefited from the generosity of our company, our team members and our customers. We have aligned our giving platform to reflect our company’s vision to infuse life with health and happiness.
Food City proudly supports causes that make significant impacts in our communities and align with one or more of our impact areas:
Advocating for Good
Meeting the needs of our communities as they arise.
Ensuring that our youth have their necessities met.
Environment & Sustainability
Supporting the environment and sustainable practices.
Providing quality food products and healthy choices to those who need it most.
Food System Education
Educating our community on where their food comes from.
Supporting organizations in the local community that encourage healthy lifestyles, fitness and wellness.
How It Works
- Purposeful Giving requests must be made through our online portal
- Food City Community Relations team reviews all requests within four weeks of the submittal date.
- The request must be received a minimum of 90 days prior to the date needed.
- Organizations must be located in a city or town where Bashas’ Family of Stores operates a store (this could include a Bashas’, Bashas’ Diné Market, AJ’s Fine Foods, Food City or Eddie’s Country Store).
- Food City provides support to organizations once per year.
- Organizations must be a 501(c)3 in good standing.
Requests that fall outside our giving guidelines include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Third-party requests, such as an organization or team raising funds on behalf of a nonprofit
- Individual sponsorships, such as sports, beauty, scholastic, or talent competitions or events
- Events or fundraisers benefiting an individual
- National or international relief efforts
- Travel costs or trips
- Political campaigns or efforts
Charity of the Month
Kindness, generosity and support for the communities we serve are qualities at the very foundation of Food City. We proudly support local charities in different ways, including through our Charity of the Month program, which gives customers the opportunity to give back to the community — whether it be donating food or making a monetary donation at the register to selected charities. For more information about our charitable giving, please email email@example.com. See below for this year’s Charity of the Month list.
2024 Charity of the Month Partners
January: Maternal & Pediatric Health
February: Heart Health
March: Hospice Care & Comfort
April: Alzheimer’s Support & Services
May: Military Families
- American Service Animal Society
- Military Assistance Mission
- Military Support Foundation
- Save the Family: Valor on 8th
June: Summer Heat Relief
July: End Homelessness
August: Families in Crisis
September: Foster Care Services
- AZ Association for Foster & Adoptive Parents: AZAFAP
- Boost a Foster Family
- Foster Arizona
- More Than a Bed
October: Breast Cancer Support Services
November: Hunger Relief
December: Food Insecurity
Community Support Card
- Food City’s Community Support Card is a great way to generate funds for your organization. Here’s how it works:
- Your organization purchases the Community Support Card and receives a 6% discount. The Community Support Card offers your supporters a choice where to shop, as it is accepted at all Food City, Bashas and AJ’s stores.
- and receives a 6% profit.
Your organization then sells the Community Support Card to supporters at face value
- Your supporters can reload their Community Support Card at Food City, Bashas’, and AJ’s Fine Foods stores, and your organization will earn 6% of the reload amount.
- Earnings from reloaded Community Support Cards will be distributed once a month.
- To get your organization enrolled, simply submit a letter with your organization’s name and address stating your interest in participating with our program, plus a copy of the notice from the IRS stating that you are registered as a charitable organization under IRS code section 501(c)3 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-292-6407.
MyFoodCity.com has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Any time you provide us with financial information, we offer the use of a secure server, which encrypts all of the information you provide and protects it from unauthorized access.
Food City Volunteers
Our Food City members and retirees, along with their families and friends, have volunteered countless hours to community-based projects. Our volunteers have helped children learn to read, assembled back-to-school tool kits for United Way, sorted toys for Salvation Army, served meals to the hungry, and more. If your non-profit organization could use some volunteer help, submit an e-mail to: email@example.com.
Soliciting on Food City Property
Out of respect for our customers, Food City does not allow soliciting on our store properties. Customers tell us they would prefer not to be solicited as they enter or exit our stores, and we respect that. Moreover, Food City has a renowned Charity of the Month program (mentioned earlier on this page) that gives customers at all Food City locations the opportunity, via donations at the cash register, to support one major community charity nearly every month of the year. Naturally, we want to be sure we’re giving each month’s designated charity the full spotlight.
While we offer no on-site solicitation opportunities other than our Charity of the Month program, we do have a Community Support Card program that is open to any charitable organization that is registered with the IRS under code section 501(c)3. For details, scroll to the top of this page.