Commitment To Health & Well-Being
Bashas’ Family of Stores Addressing Coronavirus
Effective Monday July 27th, Facemasks will be required
Effective Monday, July 27th, all Bashas’ Family of Stores locations will require customers to wear a facemask or covering while shopping with us. This is for the protection of our customers as well as our members (i.e. employees) and expands on the nearly 90% of our stores that already require coverings due to a local mask mandate in place. While public opinion on masks vary, we will continue to follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that face coverings play an important role in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
All of our store members, as well as vendor partners have been wearing masks as part of company policy for some time. We will offer complimentary disposable masks while supplies last and have masks and shields available for purchase in store.
“We ask, and appreciate, our customers support, compliance and kindness towards our members (i.e. employees) and fellow shoppers while in our stores,” says Edward Basha, president & CEO of Bashas’ Family of Stores. “As Arizona’s Hometown Grocer the health and safety of our community is paramount and we are committed to doing our part to help slow the spread and know that it will take all of us coming together to get through these challenging times.”
What you can expect:
- All store team members and vendor wearing masks or face coverings
- Signage at the entrances/exits reminding customers of the mask mandate
- Signage on the windows educating customers about the risk reduction when wearing a mask
- Overhead announcements reminding shoppers to socially distance and the importance of masks
- Social distancing reminder floor stickers throughout
Important things for you to know:
- You MAY see a customer in our store without a mask
- Please remember that there are legitimate reasons why an individual may not have a mask on, such as age, health or religion
- We ask all customers to be respectful to each other and if there are concerns to speak to store management
- We will, while supplies last, provide disposable masks to customers who do not have or have forgotten their mask
- Facemasks and face shields will be available for purchase at all locations
A Letter from our CEO
Temporary Store Hours Announcement
Shopping Hour For Seniors
Exclusively for anyone age 65+, We will be open from 5-6am, On Wednesdays Only at all Food City locations, Shoppers will be required to show a valid I.D. at the door.If there is a need for a caretaker, one caretaker is welcome, but will not be allowed to shop for themselves. All purchase limitations will remain in effect.
Sales Restrictions Policy
Special Temporary NO Refunds and NO Rain Checks Policies
Suspension of Specialty Services
In an abundance of caution for your health and safety, we have temporarily suspended these services:
- Self Serve Bakery Suspended Statement
- Salsa Bar Suspended Statement
- Drink Refill Suspended Policy Statement
- Cocina Dos Ranchitos Seating Area Statement
We Are Hiring
We know that this is a difficult time for everyone and for those adversely affected by bars, restaurants, school closures, etc., we would like to help bridge the gap for them and put them to work.
We have immediate openings at our stores, and have expedited our internal HR processes to support getting folks to work right away.
If anyone is interested, please visit your nearby Bashas’, Bashas’ Dine, Food City or AJ’s locations and inquire with the store management. Or visit https://jobs.bashas.com/
Please see the attached on the appropriate identification documents.
Anyone hired at one of our stores will need to bring a voided check or a bank statement if they choose direct deposit as their form of pay, otherwise they are paid on a money network pay card. (i.e. debit pay card).
Health & Well-Being Resources
We encourage everyone to take additional precautionary measures and practice good hygiene. Below are resources related to Coronavirus to keep you informed.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Links:
- CDC Main Resource Page for Coronavirus
- CDC Tracking of US Cases
- Coronavirus Symptoms
- Steps to Prevent the Illness
- What To Do When You’re Sick?
Arizona Department of Health Services: