Jalapenos w/ Carrots & Onions
There are many versions of this tasty snack packed in a spicy brine (escabeche). This combination of pickled vegetables is a favorite in the Mexican households as a sauce, a side dish, or just plain "out of the container" good eating snack food.
- 2 lbs Carrots sliced at an angle
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 #10 cans Jalapenos with juice
- Bring carrots to a boil for about 10 minutes. Check periodically to make sure not too hard or too soft.
- Remove from heat, add sliced onions and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain carrots and onions.
- Add Jalapenos with juice toss together and chill.